So as we complete our adventures a few things will happen. I’ll move them off the upcoming list, just so people don’t get confused. I will place them here, so the links and resources will still be available. I will also blog about the hike, like a diary entry, that makes most sense to me. As we learn about the parks and trails I will update individual park pages that I have written, or create new ones. I encourage everyone to add comments and share photos, so we can all remember the fun we had.
- 7th January, 2018 – Garin Regional Park
- Sunday morning,
- Garin/Dry Creek
- Distance – 6.5 miles.
- Elevation – 500′-900′, total gain 1,400′
- East Bay Hike EBRPD 2018 Trails Challenge
- Cecils Famous Burger, Tennyson, Hayward, CA
- 20th January, 2018 – Mt Umunhum /Loma Brewing Company
- 10 am, Saturday morning
- Santa Cruz Mountains
- Distance – 7 or 8 miles round trip
- Elevation – 3500′ peak, 1100′ gain.
- Packed lunch on trail
- Post hike social
Loma Brewing Company, Los Gatos.
- We ended up at the Britania Arms
- 3pm (approx)
- 27th January, 2018 –
Ranch La Costa Preserve
- Hike Changed to Iron Mountain, Powan
- 9:30 am, Sat or Sun morning
- Carlsbad/San Marcos
- Distance – 4 or 5 miles round trip
- Elevation – 1000′ peak, 700′ gain
Stone Brewing., Escondido
- Karl Strauss, Carslbad
- 1pm onwards