This is one of may favourite parks. I guess it’s proximity to the office made it very accessible. On a summer evening you can expect to stand in the warm sun, and watch a sea of mist roll in from the Pacific to flood the valleys and canyons below you. This, however, will be a winter morning hike. Our descent will take advantage of a gentle sun, and the climb will be in the shade of redwoods until the end.
Oh, I haven’t posted a special picture for this hike as it is the one on the home page for this site!
- Purisima Creek Redwoods Preserve
- From Skyline Blvd (Hwy 35)
- Descend on Harkins Ridge Trail
- Return on Whittemore Gulch Trail
- Start 9:30am, Saturday, February 3, 2018.
- 7 mile loop
- Steep grades
- Click for AllTrails map pdf.
Keeping it in the redwoods, this charming restaurant is extremely popular, I hope we can find parking (car pool please).
- Alices Restaurant, Woodside
- 1pm, Saturday, January 27, 2018
- Regional craft beers
- Food available
- Bar snacks
- Full meals
- burgers, ribs etc